About the Park
Lot map, photos and features.
Lots For Sale & Warehouse For Lease
Best-in-class land development and build-to-suit expertise.
Water & Environment
Innovative environmentally friendly water supply.
Western Canada’s Distribution Hub
The High Plains Advantage
Located immediately north of Calgary in Rocky View County, Alberta, Canada, High Plains Industrial Park offers efficient highway access, an excellent labor force, significant real estate tax savings, and a planned Park environment. Our High Plains Advantage includes:
- Logistics & Transportation: With highly efficient access to Highway 2 and the Stoney Trail / Calgary Ring Road, High Plains is ideally located to serve Calgary, Edmonton, and many cities throughout Western Canada.
- Labor: High Plains’ tenants have successfully attracted a highly productive and stable workforce from both Calgary and Airdrie labor pools.
- Cost Savings: High Plains offers our customers highly competitive land prices as well as compelling real estate tax savings resulting in significantly lower annual occupancy costs as compared to Calgary. According the Altus Group – High Plains Comparative Property & Business Tax Analysis, a High Plains Park tenant will save approximately 42% or $1.38/sf average over a 10 year period.
- Speed to Market: By collaboratively working with Rocky View County, Highfield will typically secure both the subdivision registration and the development permit within approximately 5 months of having an approved project site plan.
- Sponsorship: By combining Highfield’s local land development expertise and relationships with Hillwood Investment Properties’ significant industrial building experience and extraordinary capital capabilities, High Plains offers its customers cutting-edge distribution centre and warehouse facilities at highly competitive lease rates.
- Park Environment: By locating in High Plains, Park tenants will be assured that the environment being created today will be maintained for years to come.
Exciting commercial developments are putting Balzac on the map – CREB,
Named after the French novelist and playwright Honore de Balzac, the tiny hamlet of Balzac, located just north of Calgary, is so small that its population doesn’t even crack double digits. However, it packs a wallop when it comes to commercial development.
In fact, no one actually lives in the hamlet of Balzac, but the area represents one of Rocky View County’s main commercial and industrial areas. “For 10 years, Rocky View County has been pursuing a strategy to attract business and commercial development to the east Balzac area, with great success,” said Grant Kaiser, director of marketing and communications for Rocky View County.
Thousands of new workers are set to make the community their work-day home with the opening of the online commerce giant Amazon’s new 600,000-square-foot distribution centre in the business commercial district of Balzac.
“THE AREA HAS OUTSTANDING ACCESS TO ROAD, RAIL AND AIR TRANSPORT, AND IS VERY ATTRACTIVE TO THE KINDS OF BUSINESSES THAT NEED LAND.” – GRANT KAISER, ROCKY VIEW COUNTY
Balzac a shining star amongst the clouds in Alberta – Mario Toneguzzi, Published on May 12, 2018
An area in Rocky View County, just north of Calgary’s city limits, that has seen stupendous growth over the past decade with giant warehouses and distribution centres, retail outlets and other commercial real estate developments springing from the ground. Basically, Balzac has gone from a gopher pasture to a much sought-after area that has attracted the likes of corporate giants Walmart and Amazon.
And there’s more to come. Research by the County indicates only 25 to 30 per cent of the land has been built out. So hold onto your hats, more’s to come.
I was curious what four of the top real estate people, who deal in the area, think of why Balzac has become a magnet for commercial real estate development… read more >
Bentall Kennedy shows confidence in local economy – Calgary Herald, September 28, 2017
New warehouse build outside Calgary a sign of turning economy – Metro News, September 15, 2017
Bentall Kennedy JV to build Calary industrial project on spec – Real Estate News EXchange, September 14, 2017