About the Park
Lot map, photos and features.
Lots For Sale & Warehouse For Lease
Best-in-class land development and build-to-suit expertise.
Water & Environment
Innovative environmentally friendly water supply.
Western Canada’s Distribution Hub
The High Plains Advantage
Located immediately north of Calgary in Rocky View County, Alberta, Canada, High Plains Industrial Park offers efficient highway access, an excellent labor force, significant real estate tax savings, and a planned Park environment. Our High Plains Advantage includes:
- Logistics & Transportation: With highly efficient access to Highway 2 and the Stoney Trail / Calgary Ring Road, High Plains is ideally located to serve Calgary, Edmonton, and many cities throughout Western Canada.
- Labor: High Plains’ tenants have successfully attracted a highly productive and stable workforce from both Calgary and Airdrie labor pools.
- Cost Savings: High Plains offers our customers highly competitive land prices as well as compelling real estate tax savings resulting in significantly lower annual occupancy costs as compared to Calgary. According the Altus Group – High Plains Comparative Property & Business Tax Analysis, a High Plains Park tenant will save approximately 57% or $1.47/sf average over a 10 year period.
- Speed to Market: By collaboratively working with Rocky View County, Highfield will typically secure both the subdivision registration and the development permit within approximately 5 months of having an approved project site plan.
- Sponsorship: By combining Highfield’s local land development expertise and relationships with Hillwood Investment Properties’ significant industrial building experience and extraordinary capital capabilities, High Plains offers its customers cutting-edge distribution centre and warehouse facilities at highly competitive lease rates.
- Park Environment: By locating in High Plains, Park tenants will be assured that the environment being created today will be maintained for years to come.
Impressive Q4 for Calgary and area industrial CRE market – RENX.ca – Mario Toneguzzi, Feb. 4, 2019
Calgary’s industrial market continues to be resilient in the face of a struggling economy which has hit hard in other sectors of the city’s commercial real estate industry, particularly office space.
Calgary’s downtown office market remains a sore spot with an elevated vacancy rate of about 25 per cent. That’s the headline-grabber for media, but it has overshadowed the “good news” coming out of the industrial real estate market.
According to commercial real estate firm CBRE, the fourth quarter of 2018 was Calgary’s eighth consecutive quarter of positive net absorption — the change in occupied space. Also, the fourth quarter witnessed the greatest amount of new supply delivered in a single quarter since Q4 2015. Read more >
Exciting commercial developments are putting Balzac on the map – CREB,
Balzac a shining star amongst the clouds in Alberta – Mario Toneguzzi, Published on May 12, 2018
Bentall Kennedy shows confidence in local economy – Calgary Herald, September 28, 2017
New warehouse build outside Calgary a sign of turning economy – Metro News, September 15, 2017
Bentall Kennedy JV to build Calary industrial project on spec – Real Estate News EXchange, September 14, 2017